BENEFITS FOR AN IP WHO BECOMES UNEMPLOYED
Are there any benefits for the IPs who are rendered unemployed ?
Yes. An insured person is entitled to claim unemployment allowance under Rajiv Gandhi Shramik Kalyan Yojana (RGSKY), subject to the following situations – He / she is rendered unemployed due to retrenchment or closure of an factory/establishment as defined under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and due to permanent invalidity above 40% arising due to non-employment injury and which is duly certified by a Medical Board duly constituted by the State or Central Government. The insured person is required to fulfil the following criterion to claim the allowance:
- The applicant should have been an insured person as per the ESI Act as on the date of loss of employment due to retrenchment, closure or permanent invalidity arising out of non-employment injury
- Contributions should have paid payable for a minimum period of three years prior to the loss of employment.
- Should have paid 156 days or more in any two consecutive contribution periods which are to be reckoned.
- Claim should be submitted within 9 months from the date of being rendered unemployed.
- The benefit is payable for a maximum period of 2 years during their entire life time.
- Entitled to medical benefit along with their dependent family members during the period from ESI Hospital/dispensaries, panel doctors to which they were attached prior to loss of employment.
- Benefit is payable @ 50% of the average daily wages.
Is there any provision to rehabilitate the IP who are rendered unemployed?
Yes. The insured person entitled to this skill development scheme should be in receipt of unemployment allowance under RGSKY
- The duration of the course is for a maximum period of six months and within the period when they are receiving unemployment allowance
- Should not go beyond the last date of receipt of RGSKY
Training is admissible only once in the entire life time.