EMPLOYER GUIDE - RIGHTS OF EMPLOYEE
- Right to receive payment of any benefit under the Act that shall not be transferable or assignable.
- Cash Benefits payable under the Act are not liable to attachment or sale in deference to any decree or order of any court.
- Employer shall not dismiss, discharge or reduce the wages or otherwise punish a covered employee during the period he/she is in receipt of Sickness Benefit or Maternity Benefit, etc.
- By reason of his liability to pay his share of contribution under the ESI Act, no employer shall directly or indirectly reduce the wages of a covered employee.
- Right to register their grievances/complaints at any level for immediate redressal.
- Right to approach EI Court against any action/decision of the medical Board, etc.